If you cannot read this news letter you can open as a webpage
March Break - 10th to 14th, 11 am to 3 pm. Sponsored by Victoriaville Centre
Art Activities by CAHEP and Lake Superior Art Gallery
- From the Land - Create your own landscapes - Mar 10, 11 - 3 in Victoriaville Centre
- Storytime - Create your own book - Mar 11, 11 - 3 in Victoriaville Centre
- Making Music - Make percussion instruments - Mar 12, 11 - 3 in Victoriaville Centre
- Sensational Spring - Make spring things - Mar 13, 11 - 3 in Victoriaville Centre
- Family Ties - Make a family tree - Mar 14, 11 - 3 in Victoriaville Centre
- Healthy Living Event - Mar 11, 11 - 4 in Victoriaville Centre
- Friends of the Public Library - Book Blowout - 50% off everything in the store! - Mar 29, 10 - 2 Victoriaville Centre
- Farmers’ Market, Tuesdays and Fridays in Victoriaville Centre
Come in and check out our new corner samples.
For March Break we we are offering 15% off our already low every day framing prices.
St Martin's Art Show in Lake Superior Art Gallery until the end of March Break.
The St. Martin Show Called My Place/My Space Exhibit The grade 3 students of this particular classroom expressed their vision of their desired living space. They based their preferences on living in the city or a rural setting.
Painted with tempera on Bristol board.
Instructor Derek Khani
Metal Art Now on Display in the Gallery
We would like to welcome Elaina Roberts to the Lake Superior Art Gallery. For the last 12 years she has been fascinated with metal working, studying techniques such as machining, welding and blacksmithing. She creates wall art, garden pieces, stunning jewelery and chainmail. Come and see three of her beautiful creations which now hang in our gallery.
2013 Thunder Bay Arts & Heritage Awards
The awards evening is important in recognizing the achievements and talents of those actively engaged in the cultural sector and also those who have made significant contributions to the sector.
Awards were presented to:
- Shayne Ehman – Performing & Media Arts
- Jean Marshall – Visual Arts
- Liana and Robert Frenette – Built Heritage
- Robert Neff – Cultural Heritage
- Community Arts & Heritage Education Project – Cultural Organization
- Carly Irrgang – Outstanding Youth Contributor to the Arts
- Claudia Otto – Cultural Educator
- Michael Sobota – Cultural Supporter
- Gallery 33 – Cultural Business
- Philpot & Delgaty Insurance Services – Small Business
- The Chronicle Journal – Large Business.
Lake Superior Art Gallery
"Where artists send their friends".
This month's News Letter is sponsored by GoGreenEbikes. "Now is the time to select your Ebike for summer riding enjoyment."